Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Super glue equals super fix

I have tried all kinds of treatments for the cracked hands and fingers I get from working in the outdoors during the winter. I get splits averaging about 1/2 inch long in my fingers near the knuckles often, and splits beneath my fingernails as well. They are painful. Though I've tried everything from Norwegian Formula Hand Cream to Bag Balm and nearly else that anyone has recommended, my hands still split and hurt. Sometimes Super Glue is the only answer. That's right...Super Glue. Just a drop or two on the split will  help it heal up fast.

Now, I've got to figure out what to do about the awful itchiness I'm feeling on the backs of both hands. I've tried lotion, coconut oil, and several other things and my hands still itch like crazy. I can't see anything like hives or redness--I just feel the itch.

I think it's time I took a trip to the Uintas to see if I can leave this kind of stuff behind. It's not likely, but it would be fun to just get away from the busy-ness of work and into the woods. For this mailman, the day after Christmas cannot come fast enough. On the plus side, I've been able to stay cheerful for the most part even when stressed out of my mind, so that's good.

No comments: