Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Life's lessons as taught by Moonlight Graham

Do you ever wonder about people you used to talk to frequently, but no longer do for whatever reason? Sometimes it's not just as easy as picking up the phone. There could be many reasons why someone who's in your heart and thoughts may be unable to communicate. I think about that sometimes. Sometimes, I want to talk to people who have died. Other times, I have a painful yearning to talk to those who are living, but with whom I no longer talk like I once did. Often as I see something I think, I wish so and so was here to see this, or I wish she or he was here sharing this with me.

I don't know. Sometimes, even frequently lately, I get thoughtful and wistful. Does that ever happen to you?

What I really like to think is that in the future, all of those conversations that we wish we'd had will take place, some time, some way. And then, some part of me moves into my personal Field of Dreams and I think of the Moonlight Graham quote, "You know, we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day." I'm hoping that I get to "have a catch" with some of those people sometime. But just in case, I'm trying to make the most of each moment with the people I cherish, because those moments could end in an instant.

No comments: