Friday, August 28, 2015

I've been out of touch

I expect every place I visit to have wifi connections these days. Well, not if I go out in the wilderness somewhere. But if I stay in a cabin or rental property that has cable tv, yeah, I expect them to also have wifi. I like to keep up on my blog, and touch bases with certain individuals while on vacation. And I don't always want to make a phone call. Sometimes, I'm even in places that don't have a cell signal.

All that being said, I'm back in a motel with a connection that allows me to connect, even if it's not the most secure. I certainly won't be doing my banking from this room. We will be on the road and home tomorrow--Lord willing and the creek don't rise. In a way, I'll be glad to get home to the normal routine. I mean, when I was at home, I still had a driver's license. Or maybe I didn't. When I pulled out my wallet to show my license to the sporting goods clerk in Walmart in Cortez, so I could purchase a Colorado fishing license, well, that's when I noticed I didn't have my driver's license. I racked my brain trying to think of where I used it last, texted my son-in-law, Justin about it and he graciously volunteered to call the three places I thought of and check to see if they had it. None of them did.

We have been continuing our trip, hoping .we don't run into a cop wanting to just pull me over and check my license. I will have to deal with this when I get home, and I hope no one who's up to no good has it and that it soon arrives in the mail from some kind soul who has found it. This has been complicated by my cruise control going out on this trip, so I have to rely on my own control of the gas pedal through long stretches. I tend to have a lead foot on flat highways. Thankfully, in Colorado, I'm doing a lot of uphill driving and my 4runner, especially loaded down with all the rocks Ann wanted me to bring home, cannot climb hills at a fast rate of speed. Although climb hills it can, in four wheel drive, and when those hills are dirt, mud, or rocky. We mostly tested the 4runner on this trip by driving through and extensively large number of puddles on dirt roads, at high rates of speed, so that the muddy water would fly all over our windshield and elsewhere on the 'yota. Yeah, we had some fun too. I have mentioned how much I like adventure, haven't I?

A full report will be coming in the near future.

No comments: