Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Today the streets ran with blood

I was out on the street today, just doing my job. I was happy, thrilled, feeling good. It's Christmas Eve, I've talked to people I care about, I'm going to get done early with my mail route and head home--everything is good. Then I see it...red liquid running down the gutter that looked an awful lot like blood. What in the world? I wondered. Where is this coming from? Not being one who is normally afraid to investigate, I turned my mail truck around and followed the blood upstream and saw the dead body.

 Someone hunters had a dead animal that they had just unloaded from a trailer and I saw them out there with a hose, spraying it down. Heckuva lot of blood, and, hey, remember guys, we all live downstream? I'm sure animal blood isn't as dangerous as anti-freeze, but dudes, maybe you can think of a better way to clean up than to make it look like some sort of mass murder has taken place in the neighborhood. I'm just sayin'...

No comments: