Thursday, February 04, 2010

Struggling with the Shoulder

Last night I had excruciating pain in my shoulder, probably the worst I've had since the surgery. I was just heading out the door to a meeting, which I probably should've canceled. This morning I've been doing a lot of research, and found several sources that basically said that this is normal. Here is one such source: Recovering from Rotator Cuff Surgery. It looks like it's going to be a long, hard road, and I'd better be careful not to try and push things too far, too fast, or I'll end up on that hospital operating table once again.

On the bright side, the doctor gave me permission to play my guitar, which I was excited about, but which may have led to the pain I was enduring last night. I think I may go with the electric guitar next time as it's thinner than my acoustic and probably won't strain my sore shoulder as much...I'm hoping anyway.

No comments: