Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I Look at Trash

Yup. I just discovered something again about myself, that I'd forgotten. Now that I have to slow down and walk, instead of run, and doing it outside, instead of on a treadmill, well, I find that I'm looking at the trash along the side of the road, hoping for discovery of something cool. Today I thought I'd found an MP3 player or something, but it ended up being a part to a Verizon cell phone. I thought I saw a free sandwich coupon for Quizno's, but it ended up being a "buy one sandwich and a drink, get a second sandwich free" card. I found a rusty steel ball though. I didn't keep it. I was actually not real excited about the veritable cornucopia of paper cups, empty energy drink bottles, and assorted other garbage left over from those whose IQ is nearer 50 than 100.

There are too many cretins in the world that just dump their trash anywhere. Half of them are probably junior high school kids (since I was walking near the school) who learn in their half-baked educational system about the "realities" of climate change , and probably scream at people for using too much oil, then drop their twinkie wrapper along side the road, without a care in the world.

All that being said, I think there is some virtue in looking through trash for the serendipitous random cool thing.

No comments: