Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hiking the Bonneville Shoreline Trail

Saturday morning, myself, my son, and my son-in-law went on a small hike along the old Lake Bonneville Shoreline Trail. The part we were on was from Bountiful to Centerville, but the trail is actually much longer than that. I basically stumbled upon one geocache, then I pulled out the GPS and found out which one it was. We hadn't started looking for any of them yet, but after I wandered off in the trees, I turned around and there it was. We found two others that I had downloaded the coordinates for earlier that morning.
The hike itself was pleasant, although I think I'd much rather be up among the pines and quakies somewhere--or even above timberline. Oh well, that's still a couple of months away. It was just nice to get out.

No comments: