Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thinking About the Mountains



Wow, the Wasatch Mountains are beautiful when they're snow covered. Actually, they're stunning any time of year. I love living near them and am impatiently awaiting spring, so that I can once again traverse their wooded paths and climb their rugged peaks. I'm not looking forward to the annual inversions that we have around here, that obscure my view of those fantastic spires. The lower photo is of the Big Cottonwood Canyon area, covered in snow, shrouded in clouds. I have a better winter picture somewhere--I'll just have to dig it up. The photo on the right is Sun Dial Peak, with Lake Blanche in the foreground.

1 comment:

Titus Todd said...

I love the mountains. Growing up in Texas I didn't get to enjoy them as much as I would like. I served a mission in Utah so for two years I had the companionship of mountains. During the winter it was nice to see the clouds skirt the tops and leave a blanket of snow behind.