Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Hiking Bell's Canyon

The sky above the peaks at dawn was subdued but awesome!

Fall colors are fading fast
I went on another amazing hike today. I was having a hard time deciding where to go, then found out that Ann needed some help with some errands in the afternoon, so it narrowed my choices down a bit. I ended up doing Bell's Canyon. It's a place that I've hiked a couple of times in the past once alone, and once with my son, Ben. My goal this time wouldn't be to make it to Upper Bell's Reservoir as it had been in the past, but to get some good pics, to explore some side trails, and to try and find the supposed bridge that crosses the stream prior to the trail making its way along the north side of the stream the rest of the way to the Upper Reservoir. Both previous trips had left me unsuccessful at this goal of finding the bridge. This one was no different. I figured out where I thought it was, but ended up with no time to verify due to needing to get home to do the errands. Anyway, I got some good pics. One of these days, I'll figure out how to post multiple pics on this blog and keep them in the order taken...
The stream is beautiful any time of year


Lower Bell Canyon Falls
Lower Bell's Reservoir. Note the fish hitting the surface. I'll go back with my fishing stuff sometime

The trail looks like this for much of  the way.

The trail to the lower falls is an unmarked trail heading north. Look for
a big bare spot to the left, with a bit of muddy area right after
you leave the main trail. You'll be rewarded with a view of these spectacular falls.

More lower falls

A small rivulet from the upper falls

Yours truly, near the upper falls

The lower trail was easy going. Not too hard here.


No comments: