Saturday, November 28, 2009

Climbing Denali

I've been mulling over trying to climb our nation's (and continent's) highest peak...Denali in Alaska, a.k.a. Mt. McKinley. I just got some info from a guy at bogley.com who was a guide there for quite a few years. It looks like it's feasible if I can come up with the money to do it. It looks like it'll cost $7000 to $8000 when it's all said and done, counting the guide, the equipment, the flights to and from Alaska and everything else. I think I'm going to have to sell a book first before I'll be able to do it. That and get a bunch of practice climbing in between now and then. I guess I'll make those two things my goals: climbing a bunch of mountains, and getting a book published. And if anyone wants to come along, let me know.

1 comment:

http://richardbarron.net/ said...

This is very exciting news. Go for it!