Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why We Vote

A few weeks ago I heard one woman, being interviewed by a reporter say that she couldn't decide if she was going to vote for Obama, because he's black, or if she'd vote for Hillary, because she's a woman. Wow. I wonder whatever happened for voting someone because you believe in their policies. No wonder our country is in trouble if we vote for some based upon the color of their skin, or their sex. Or maybe even voting for a particular candidate seems the popular thing to do. That really saddens me. We already have enough of the do-nothing types working for our federal government without voting for people for the wrong reasons. Just my take.

1 comment:

MS.UTAH said...

Amen! I remember when Bill Clinton was running for office. While standing in line at SLCC registar's office a guy told me he was going to vote for Clinton because he played the sax, and they're both into the same type of music. It made me think maybe our forefathers knew what they were doing when they came up with the electoral college. - Chrys