Saturday, August 20, 2016

Writing, the Olympics, and me

My watching of the Olympics has definitely taken its toll on my writing in this blog. And that's how life is. We decide which is most important to us and that's how we spend our available time. This morning, looking at Facebook posts was more important to me than writing, and now here it is, nearly time for me to get ready for work and I've only written a few words.
I guess there's a lesson to be learned here and it doesn't have to be a bad one. We all make priorities and these past two weeks, mine has mostly been the Olympics. It hasn't hurt me to take a break from life and watch the best of athletic competition. And I doubt it has hurt very many of my readers to not see very many blog posts. Now, as the Olympics wind down, I need to start thinking about what I'm actually going to be writing about. That's pressure, but only self-imposed pressure. And the thing is, if I get something written, it's gravy. I'm not getting paid for this. And you're probably thinking I can see why.

No comments: